Thursday, February 18, 2010

SxSW!

My southby ssssucked last year.

My Aunt Dot died. My scooter (which belonged to a friend in Nicaragua) was towed & took some fancy forgery to free. My best friends from New York came but I'd just started this crappy waitressing job & couldn't hang. I had a wristband & hardly got to use it.

I missed all my fav artists. I'd just moved to Austin & didn't have a band yet... or gigs. I had to sit there & absorb the noise assault while riding down 6th St. every day to shitty job.

But this year I vowed it would be different. And it will!
The Please, Please Me have been on a tear... & there are no signs of slowing down. So get ready for our SxSW assault.


1) Friday, March 19, 7pm, Botticelli's
The full band will take it to Austin's prettiest wine garden, right on South Congress across the streets from Jo's Coffee in case you need a pick-me-up

2) Saturday, March 20, 2:30pm, Rethink Pop Music Showcase
At Chupacabra, run by Couch Professor Entertainment, 400 East 6th St. by Trinity

The Couch Professor crew's got their shakin' booties on the pulse of everything hip & rockin' in Austin these days. Party line up's here.

3) Monday, March 22, 1pm, Waterloo Records @Airport
... And they all go home. If you're killing time at the airport (& you should get there early - i can tell you horror stories of years past), Alissa & I will be doing an unplugged set at Waterloo, Austin's indie record store. Bring yr fav musicians home with you. (Otherwise, you're gonna have to explain to your gf or bf what you were really doing during southby.)

we'll be in the Hear TX listening station at the regular Waterloo Records as well


*other hot tips: don't miss Xo Publicity's Thursday party @ Stompin' Grounds, 3601 South Congress w/ American Songwriter & WOXY (maybe you can help me convince ben sollee we should go on tour together; at least don't miss him; Yo Yo Ma for the hip-hop generation.)

& Dart Music's global pop round the clock showcase @ Mi Casa, 503 East 6th St. i've heard that White Denim is especially worth your time.

Bring on the hungry masses! We're ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors