Friday, March 9, 2012

More Great Music from Memphis



What if there were a longlost love child between Little Richard & Emmylou Harris?
             She might well look like Lahna Deering.


I first saw Lahna play at Folk Alliance in the Film Access Group room; she was wearing a little red dress, hot red lipstick and pumps to match. She had that Southern smile, the girl next door with a slightly mischievous look in her eye. I half expected her to swing a cardigan over her shoulder and jump into some boy's red Cammaro.


And then she opened her mouth -- pow!  No one sounds like that & her timbre, her affect sticks in your head. I think I followed Deering & Down around the Marriott all weekend. And this girl is pure Memphis.


But don't take it from me. Judge for yourself.


Folk Alliance 2012
apologies for shitty sound quality from my phone


Hear her music well-mixed here: http://deeringanddown.com/fr_home.cfm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors